- First Sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care Requirements
- Top Rated on EWG’s Skin Deep with a "1" rating since 2010
- Free of biologically harmful chemicals. No PABA, parabens, phthalates, BPA, oxybenzone, avobenzone, petroleum, gluten, dairy, or toxic chemicals. No animal by-products or testing (Leaping Bunny member).
- SPF 50 (Highest allowed by the proposed FDA 2012 Monograph)
- Broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection
- Does not contain any known chemicals harmful to coral reefs. Achieved the highest level of biodegradability testing.
- Water resistance (80 minutes)
- Non-aerosol formulation
- Applies and absorbs easily. Non-oily feel.
- Sunscreen produced in the USA
- A member of the Safe Cosmetics Campaign Compact
- Founding member Sun Safety Coalition
- Amassed more awards than any other sun care line
- Does the product have to contain nano particles to be an effective sunscreen? The answer is, quite simply, "NO"! We also do not and won't use aerosol dispensers, nor should you. Scientists have shown that parents apply on average 25% of the correct amount when using aerosol. As the SPF is actually a logarithmic function, if you are applying an SPF 100, you're actually only putting on SPF equivalent of 3. More importantly, there is significant concern that children and parents are inhaling the particulates. If you look at the ingredients in aerosol sunscreens, you'll quickly determine why you probably don't want to breathe it.
Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreens come in a tube made of environmentally friendly packaging that does not contain BPA, vinyl, or phthalates. Each tube is marked with an expiration date.
Note: The base formulations of our sunscreens are identical. We set out to make the most effective safe sunscreen possible.
Compare your sunscreen's "safe" ingredients to ours. The best way is to check out The Environmental Working Group's database Skin Deep: EWG.org/SkinDeep
The ratings for each ingredient are listed separately below.
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 20% (Non-nano)
Inactive Ingredients: PURIFIED WATER (0), ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE (0), CAPRIC CAPRYLIC TRIGLYCERIDES(0), SORBITAN STEARATE (COCONUT BASED) (1), PINE WOOD RESIN (0), VEGETABLE GLYCERIN (0), CETYL DIMETHICONE (0), HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL (0), MAGNESIUM SULFATE (EPSOM SALT) (0), SUNFLOWER OIL, JOJOBA OIL (0), ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C) (0), TOCOPHEROLS (VITAMIN E) (1), OLIVE OIL (0), RASPBERRY SEED OIL (0), CRANBERRY SEED OIL (0), HYALURONIC ACID (MADE FROM VEGETABLE) (0), GLUCOSE & GLUCOSE OXIDASE AND LACTOPEROXIDASE (0), PAPAYA (0)
How do I apply Thinkbaby and Thinksport Sunscreen?
Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreens are perfect for daily use and for anyone spending time in the sun, including pregnant women, children over 6 months, and for anyone with sensitive skin. Please note that use of sunscreen on children younger than 6 months of age requires a doctor's prescription. This is true for ALL brands.
Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreens are a physical sunscreen, meaning it works immediately upon application. It will maintain its SPF after 80 minutes of water immersion. The Environmental Working Group and the FDA recommend reapplying sunscreen every two hours.
Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreens are perfect for sensitive skin. We recommend testing on a small area of the body to ensure that you don't have any sensitivities. Sunscreens that claim to be hypo-allergenic are nothing more than marketing hype in our opinion. As the population's exposure to chemicals has risen, there has been a direct correlation to things that people become allergic to. Simply google environmental exposure and allergies to view some of this research.
Tips for Application
Thinkbaby and Thinksport formula applies easily and absorbs quickly. Be sure to apply all areas that will be exposed to sunlight, including behind the ears, neck, hands, feet, and scalp. Reapply every two hours or more as needed. While the sunscreen applies very easily, we recommend not spreading it too thin. Otherwise, you will decrease the effectiveness of the sunscreen. Keep in mind that physical sunscreens work by reflecting sunlight.
MORE ON ORDER!