Customer must come instore to fill out rental agreement - No charges will be charged until confirmation of availability. 902-252-3780
About Symphony Plus Breast Pump
The research-based Symphony breast pump has been developed specifically to support moms throughout their breastfeeding journey: to initiate, build and maintain an adequate milk supply. The hospital-grade Symphony pump is available to rent for continued use after hospital discharge. Symphony is ideal for long-term and frequent pumping. You can continue using the hospital-grade pump you used in the maternity unit and decide later which personal pump to buy. With the Medela pump sets, you can express your breast milk from the comfort of your own home using your Medela Symphony rental breast pump. The pump sets provide you with everything you need as a breastfeeding mom.
- Initiation Technology™: Symphony PLUS technology used soon after birth can significantly increase breast milk production. The INITIATE program contains a mixture of stimulation phases, an expression phase and a pause phase that mimic healthy infant feeding behaviors.
- 2-Phase Expression® technology: Can be used by all mothers to help build and maintain milk production. MAINTAIN program can be used to build upon initiation and maintain their milk production.
- Convenient: Single or double pumping.
- Two separate, independent membrane units: Allows switching between single and double pumping by simply applying or removing the second collection kit to the breast.
- Let-down button: Moms can easily return to stimulation by pressing the let-down button.
- Initiate and maintain milk supply: If direct breastfeeding is not possible, as well as collect breast milk at work or during other absences from the baby.
- Hospital grade (multi-user): The pump's kit is separate from the pumping mechanism and protected from overflow by a specially designed membrane.
For daily use - Double pumping
The Symphony is a double-sided hospital-grade electric breast pump and is effective for frequent, long-term pumping. It is quiet and very adjustable, to make pumping as comfortable as possible.
To rent a pump, you will need a driver’s license and a VISA or MasterCard. The cost of renting a breastpump is $4/day ,$26.00 weekly or $85 per month. (We require a minimum of 1 Week rental)
If you do not have a medela double pumping kit. You will also need to purchase separately (the plastic bottles and tubes and flanges which actually catch the milk). These are $79.99. You may have received one at the hospital.
Contact us at (902) 252-3780 to confirm availability.
The emotional closeness and the bond between mom and baby during breastfeeding are very special. It is no wonder, then, that moms are reluctant to place their trust in a breast pump. But when direct breastfeeding is not possible or you are experiencing difficulties, switching to a breast pump might be very helpful.
Based on clinical research, Medela developed the breast pump Symphony that mimics the natural sucking behaviour of your baby at the breast, thereby stimulating the flow of milk. This means that you can pump more breast milk in less time, when pumping at maximum comfort vacuum.
Benefits of Symphony breast pump
The hospital-grade, multi-user Symphony breast pump with its technical features and accessories is based on clinical research and is designed to help you meet your individual needs throughout your breastfeeding journey.
Symphony features Medela’s Initiate technology and 2-Phase Expression technology, comes with overflow protection and is equipped for double and single pumping.
The Symphony Retail Double-pumping kit includes two PersonalFit Breast Shields in size M (24mm). Additional sizes are available separately: S (21mm), L (27mm), XL (30mm) and XXL (36mm). Additional purchase for kit.
All parts that come into contact with milk are BPA and phthalate free.
Rental fees may be covered by some health insurance companies.
- Supports you to successfully initiate, build and maintain an adequate milk production.
- Helps you initiate lactation when using the INITIATE program
- Assists you to build and maintain your milk production when using the MAINTAIN program.
- Particularly gentle on extremely sensitive breast tissue
- Alleviates symptoms of engorgement and helps heal mastitis
- Brings out flat or inverted nipples
- Easy to use and pleasingly quiet operation